Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where can I get fake guns?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ClanX2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2001
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone know where I can get some fake guns? Anything will do! MP5s, Glocks, Tanks.
    If you know, I would much apreciate your info. -ClanX2001

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ilpostino's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you don't get much of a reply try posting at www.indiclub.com exposure being a predominantly British board and Brits not being well known for their gun culture and all. Or for that matter their extensive knowledge of American replica fire arms retailers.

    Or try searching on the net.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robertshults's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For the time I needed guns in a film, we went to Walmart and bought some airguns. They sell an entirely black metal gun styled like a Glock (9 I believe) for about fifteen bucks. On film (although probably not on 35) it is indistinguishable from the real thing. I also saw an airgun at Walmart or some such place which had an identical body to the one mentioned above but was polished metal with a black handle for twenty bucks. We added the sound and flash in post and it worked out fine. Aside from being very cheap, there are other advantages to this: your cast does not need intensive safety training to use them, they do not make disrupting noise at the location (a very good thing if you're shooting without a permit), and you don't need police supervision to use them. But, it is a good idea to let them and, if you're shooting an exterior, anyone in the area know what you're doing. Trust me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    We went up to Yarmouth the other weekend... there was a really cool fishing and gun shop...
    There were all air guns, but some of them looked really cool.

    They do Glocks, Berettas and even a lovely SHOTGUN!

    If you're looking for cheap bullet hits (I.E. a rebound off a wall, etc...), why not try party poppers?! Cut nearly all the plastic bit away and then stick to a wall (the corner is best). When you want the rebound, someone pulls the string. Hay! Presto!

    You've just been shot at! smile

    I'll have to capture the effect to show you how well it works.

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Please do, Littlerich! My mate came up with this ingenious idea of part poppers the other day, but we've yet to figure out exactly how to do it. Our tests were a little... how should I say?... crap.

    If you could show me some captures, that'd be great, as I'm getting a little tired of farting about with little orange flashes in Photoshop!

    ------------------
    The future is here:-
    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to poundstretcher (i think) and got a plastic air pistol, by which I mean it shoots little hollow rubber bullets via a jet of air. It looks reasonably realistic (I don't know, a silver glock?) and it only cost a pound. The best thing about it is that to cock it you slide back the barrel. Tres Kuhle cool !
    Now, however, I'm spoiled for other plastic guns!

    paul

  7. #7
    Inactive Member khan488's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    For my first feature we needed a couple of guns. I really wanted real ones or ones that were as close to the real thing as possible. I ended up goign to a gun shop and taling to the owner, he agreed to let me borrow any guns I wanted but I had to put him in my feature. I wrote in a cool small part for him and all worked out well. I just figured it never hurts to just ask the worse they can say is no, and you really haven't lost anything you're just back to square one anyway. hope this helps if you have any futher questions email me.

    Khan488
    Fractured Vision Media

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Deactivated and replica guns can be found in the right magazines. There are mags like 'Gunmart' in the UK. In the US it should be even easier to locate them.

    ring around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •